Roku Error code 014.40 quick fix 2020. When you are trying to setup your Roku device then you might struggle to connect it with the Wi-Fi network. That is why, how to solve Roku error code 014.40 is one of the most common problems that most of the Roku users tend to experience. Therefore, Roku Technicians can help and assist you to resolve error code 014.40 on Roku.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail how to solve Roku error code 014.40 on your own.
The Roku device can connect with the Ethernet connection or with the WiFi network and allow you to stream video service on mobile phones, TV, and computer. However, many times people report Roku error code 014.40 on their Roku devices.
Roku Error Code 014.40 occurs if you do not enter incorrect password for the connection. Therefore, make sure you enter the right password while connecting with the WiFi network.
There are several reasons why you might experience Roku error code 014.40. Try contacting Roku technician
Cache: With time the cached data might get corrupted and lower the loading speed as well as the overall experience of the user.
Improper WiFi Connection: Many times, the Roku Error code 014.40 is caused as a result of incorrect WiFi passwords. For Roku to establish properly it is important to have a secure WiFi connection.
Mac Filtering: Sometimes if Mac filtering is switched on, then there are high chances that Mac id for Roku device is banned.
Now, that you have a brief idea about reasons for Roku error 014.40. Here is how you can fix then. But if the errors persist then it is always better to get assistance from Roku technician
Enter the Correct Name of the Network
Make sure you are selecting the right network. If choose the wrong wireless connection it will automatically chow you Roku error code 014.40. You can get help finding the correct wireless connection name from Roku technicians.
Enter the Right Password
Make sure you are entering the right password while connecting to the network. If you are sure that you are entering the right password but still the error is shown then try getting help from the Roku technicians for recovering the password.
Want to Activate Your Roku or Facing any Activation issue Visit at Roku Com Link Help & Support Click on Below Link -
Power Cycle Roku Device
Many times, the cache is corrupted in the device and as a result, it might be the reason for the connectivity problem. Follow the power cycling steps to solve this problem.
- Disconnect Roku from the console and switch it off.
- Switch on the console while switching off the router.
- Now, take out the plug from the socket.
- Hold and press the power button for 2-3 minutes but do not a plugin.
- Now, plugin both.
- Try connecting Roku with the console and see if the problem is resolved.
If the Roku error code 014.40 persists then try connecting with a Roku Technician for help.
Roku error code 014.40 quick and easy fix for 2020. Roku is one of the best streaming devices out there. However, it is common to experience error codes while using the device. One such problem is Roku error code 014.40 which clearly means that the Roku device is unable to connect to the wireless network. So, that means the Roku is unable to join the network.
Fix: Error code 014.40 on Roku call now. If you are experiencing this error and have already tried resolving but nothing seems to work then do not worry. Get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
So, before proceeding with the troubleshooting solutions you must understand why this problem occurs in the first place.
- Check the wi-fi details. In many cases, the Roku error code 014.40 occurs when the wi-fi password is not entered correctly.
- The cached of the TV, Roku, and the router may be corrupted and causing this error.
- If the Mac filtering option is turned on then there are chances that the Roku devices are disabled from using the network.
Now, that you know the reason why this error code 014.40 on Roku occurs here are the troubleshooting solutions that can help in fixing the problem.
- Power cycling the devices like the Roku, TV and the router can help in fixing the problem with the connection.
- Try reinitializing the configurations.
- Bypass the router and connect the device with the modem using an ethernet cable connection.
- Try connecting the Roku with another wi-fi network.
These are the basic steps that you can follow to fix Roku error code 014.40. However, if the problem persists then you need a technical solution. Get in touch with the Roku technicians for help and assistance,
People Also Ask
- What is error code 014.30 on Roku?
If the password you are entering is right then you can completely access the router. However, if you are still having an error in completing the login for the Roku network and it is showing error code 014.30. Then it means the wi-fi signals are poor. You can try resolving the issue by restarting the Roku device.
- How do I reconnect my Roku to Wi-Fi?
You can try to reconnect the Roku to the Wi-Fi if there is an issue. For this, you can follow the steps to complete the setup or fix the Roku Error Code 014.40.
- Press and hold the home button on the Roku remote.
- In the menu open the settings option and then go to the network option.
- Now, select the wireless option and enter the password for the network.
- Wait until the network is connected.
- What is error code 018 on Roku?
If you are experiencing Roku error code 018 then it means the network connection is slow or very poor. You can get in touch with the technical support team to know what exactly is causing the slow speed issue in the Roku device. You can also consider getting a high-speed internet connection plan.
- How do I reset my Roku?
If you are facing any issue with your Roku device and the basic troubleshooting solutions just don’t seem to work. Then you can get in touch with the Roku experts for help. You can also try to reset the Roku device. But, remember Roku reset should always be the last option to consider – Roku Error Code 014.40
- Press the home button on the Roku remote.
- Then go to the settings menu on the Roku home page.
- Then select the Advanced System Settings.
- Then choose the option for factory reset.
- Now, you will see a code on the Roku screen. Enter the code and follow the guidelines on the screen to complete the factory reset for the Roku device.
- How do I reboot my Roku TV?
Rebooting the Roku TV can help in resolving many issues. Here are the steps that you can follow to complete the reboot for the Roku TV.
- Press the home button of the Roku remote.
- Then open the settings on the Roku menu.
- Then click on the system to open the power.
- Here you will find an option for ‘System Restart’.
- Choose the restart option and the Roku TV will start a reboot.
- Why won’t my Roku connect?
There are many reasons why your Roku won’t connect with the internet. However, the most common reason behind this issue is if there is any problem with the Wi-Fi or the router. So, make sure while connecting the Roku with the router you are entering the correct username and the password. Roku Error Code 014.40 | Check the signal strength of the Wi-Fi signals and try restarting the router and the Roku device. If the problem persists you can get in touch with the technical support team for help and support.
- How do I fix my Roku connection?
Experiencing Roku connection issues is the most common problem that Roku users have to go through. However, you can resolve this problem by following the basic troubleshooting solutions.
- Complete the login for the Roku device.
- Then open the DNS settings. In this section change the ‘internet DNS address’ with the ‘public DNS address’.
- Now, save the settings.
- Try to run the Roku set up now. If you are unable to connect to the Router temple then you need to power cycle the device.
- Once the DNS settings are complete you should be able to fix the connection issue with the Roku.
- Why is Roku not working?
There are several reasons why Roku not working problem may occur in your device. Simply, take out the battery compartment and then take out the batteries from the Roku remote. Now, take out the power cable from the Roku device and wait for a few seconds. Now, re-connect the Roku and when you see the display on the home screen insert the batteries again. This shall pair your remote and resolve the problem.
However, if the problem persists get in touch with the technical support team for help.
- How do I reboot my Roku?
Rebooting the Roku device can help in fixing many errors and issues. In fact, a quick reboot is helps in fixing minor errors. Here are the steps that you need to take to reboot the Roku.
- Press and hold the home button.
Then press the up button on the Roku remote and press the rewind button two times. Again, press the fast forward button two times. This shall start the reboot for the Roku device.
Roku Error Code 014.40 on Roku fix 2020. The Roku player has been designed to be dummy proof and to work without issues for 99.99% of the users. But when it comes to technology, especially something that works over the internet, problems are second nature.
Similarly the Error 014.40 on roku device also gives issues connecting to the wifi for some users. These issues are most of the time either related to incorrect user input or incompatible network resources.
The Roku Device gives error in the format XXX.YY where X and Y are numbers. The most common errors for the roku are Error code 001, Error code 003, Error code 006, Error code 009, Error code 011, Error code 012, Error code 013, Roku Error code 014, Error code 015 and Error code 016.
The Roku Error code 014 has further sub-codes as Roku Error code 014 .10, Error code 014.11, Roku Error code 014.20, Roku Error code 014.30, Roku Error code 014.40, Error code 014.41, Roku Error code 014.50, Error code 014.62 and Error code 014.64.
While Roku Error code 014.40 universally declare an error while trying to connect to the wireless network. The further sub-codes clarify what is the issue while trying to connect.
From a users prospective, we want to know how to rectify these errors. So here, we’ll list the steps one needs to take In order to rectify these errors.
- Check that you are trying to connect to the correct wireless network. On a remote controlled screen it is all too easy to select the wrong network name, especially when the names keep changing positions in order to reflect the signal strength, by placing the strongest connection on the top.
- Re enter the wireless password correctly. Since the roku has an on screen keyboard, it is very easy to make a mistake in the wireless password. While facing a wireless connection problem, it is always a good idea to make sure you have the correct password
- Check to see that the wireless network is available and other devices are able to connect. Try connecting to the same wifi network using a cellphone or a computer.
- Restart the wireless router – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
- Restart the roku player
- Try and move the wireless router to increase the available signal strength. If the strength is still low, consider using a wireless repeater or a wifi range extender
- Ensure the router firewall is not blocking the roku.
- Some routers don’t work well with media streaming devices. Call roku technical support to check if your router is compatible. Almost all routers can be made compatible by adjusting their settings.
If these steps don’t resolve your roku wireless connection issues. Please call Roku Technical support
Roku Error Code 014.40 on Roku device fixing and solution. It is safe to say that most Roku customers here have encountered the dreaded Roku error code 014.40 when trying to connect their roku o the wifi. TCLUSA – Roku Error 014 or tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 Ever wonder what it really is? Why the error code is coming up? What is it that you are doing wrong?
We’ll give you a complete overview of TCLUSA Roku Error code 014.40 and tell you how to resolve it. No matter what Roku model you have, while setting up your roku error code, you are very likely to come across this error. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50. But what is Roku Error 014?
Roku Error 014 while perfoming the Roku Setup TCLUSA, in general entails that the device is not able to get an ip address from your Router. Thus, the device is not able to communicate with the router.
Now there are a number of reasons why the roku might not get a valid ip address. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 – This is properly represented by the device using an error code, in theis case Roku Error 014.40 code
The proper format for this error is 014.xx where xx is another numeric pair that represents why the roku is not getting a local ip address.
Roku Error code 014.40 Lets take a step by step approach to this and see how to resolve TCLUSA Roku error 014. First of all this error comes up immediately after you enter your wifi password into the error code 014 on roku. So, here are the possible reasons we have come across that might bring up this error code.
- You entered the wrong WiFi password
- Your router is too far away
- You have enabled a whitelist on your router
- There is a problem with the network settings on your router
- An antivirus or firewall is blocking the roku’s access to the internet
In our experience as support providers for Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | | 014.20 we have come across this issue on a daily basis and can give you some easy steps on how to resolve this issue.
To resolve the Roku error code 014 TCLUSA, perform the following steps.
- Verify you have entered the correct password.
- Make sure the router is not too far off. A regular wifi router has a range of about 25 feet in closed areas. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 However the range is more in open areas.
- Unplug your router from electricity and give it some rest. TCLUSA After 30 seconds Plug in the router once again.
- Restart the Roku and try again.
- For a Roku with ethernet cord, this code simply entails that the wire is not working as expected, Get a replacement ethernet cord.
Many reasons can be responsible for the Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 TCLUSA Roku occurrences. Various customers are facing Roku error code 014 when they try to connect their Roku device showing error code to a wireless connection.
It does not matter what model you use of Roku device but there will be the possibility of error occurrence in your device. When you do the Roku setup, the device may not be able to get an IP address from your router.
This way the device is not able to properly communicate with the router. Basically, TCLUSA the proper format of error code is 014.14, where xx tells the Roku, has not found the IP address
These are the following reasons- tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 | 014.20
• Your router is very far.
• You have entered the wrong password.
• You have enabled a white list on your router.
• Router network setting issue – Error Code Roku
• Antivirus or firewall is blocking the Roku device access to the internet
Can I Use Roku Without Internet?
You must verify that you have entered the correct password. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20. If it shows Error Code tclusa.com/support error code 014.30.
• Make sure you have placed your router in a near zone, it should not be too far off. The regular router should have a range of 25 feet in close areas. This range is more in the open areas.
• Error code Roku – You should unplug your router from electricity. After some gap or rest of a few seconds, you should plug in the router once again.
• You should restart the Roku and try again
• If the Roku device has an ethernet cord, Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 then the code will tell that the wire is not working properly. This is the time for a replacement of wire.
If you see an error code on Roku message like TCLUSA “Roku error code 014.40” on your Roku device, this means that your device has been affected by the famous error code 014.40. This simply means that Roku cannot connect to the wireless network because you have typed the incorrect password for your network.
Check that you are using the right wireless password for your network and you are using the right network. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
The simple step you can do is reboot the router by unplugging it from the power source and plug it back. Also, change the routers wireless security mode to WPA-PSK. This will resolve your error code 014.40 on Roku.
How to Choose the Correct Name of the Network & Password?
· Enter the right name of your wireless network- TCLUSA You must select a wireless network that is right and perfect because choosing the wrong one can cause an issue with your wireless network connection to fail.
This is a major reason for Roku error code 014.40 | 014.20 if you are sure that your Roku is connected with the right network, find your wireless network name with the help of Roku com support.
·Enter the password correctly- If you are sure about your wireless password, but still it’s not working then reenter it. It is easy to make a mistake entering your password, and remember that network passwords are case sensitive.
Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 Enter capital letters by using the shift key on the keyboard. If you don’t know the right password, read the blog carefully for finding your wireless network password.
If the Issue still occurs- Resolving connectivity Issues for Roku Error
· tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 | 014.20 – Error codes Restart your Roku device and your router.
· Proceeding your Roku player, go to settings>system>system restart. Also to solve error 014.40 error on Roku, unplug the Roku device from the power source and wait for a few moments & reconnect it.
· Proceeding your router, Error code 014.40 on Roku confirm the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In a few cases, you can unplug it & plug it back. In other cases, you may require a pressing reset button on the device.
It may take a few minutes for both devices to restart.
· If you have formerly connected your Roku device to your router, it should automatically reconnect. If it is not, or if you are setting up your Roku device for the first time, complete the network setup process – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
Steps you can follow for connecting the Roku to home Wi-Fi:
· Power your Roku device
· Select settings>network>wireless>setup new Wi-Fi connection
· Chose Wi-Fi network from the list
· Enter your wireless password for your home Wi-Fi
· When you get three green checkmarks, it would indicate that your setup is successful.
Roku Com Support for Solving Error Code 014.40 Hotspot
if you are not able to resolve this error code Roku 014.40 & tclusa.com/support error code 014.30. We are there for your help for 24 hours and 7 days. We are a company which has its headquarters in the USA. People trust us and we are growing year by year. There is no error in the world which we have not resolved. So just call us without getting any tension.
tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 You will get Roku error code 014.30 if your TCL USA Roku TV is not getting a strong enough signal from the router. If a password is right and other devices can access the router but you are still failing to connect your wireless network, most likely your problem is with the strength of the wireless signal.
TCLUSA – Roku Error code 014.30 The wireless signal can go weak when you take away your Roku away from router and obstacles like walls between the router and Roku device can also make it weaker.
You may Resolve the Roku error code 014.30 by giving a Restart to the router and Roku device.
Restart your Roku device & Your Router – Error Code 014.30
· TCLUSA – Roku Errro code 014.30 For proceeding the restart to Roku player, go to settings> system> system restart. You may unplug the Roku from the power source and wait for a few seconds and reconnect it.
· Error Code Roku 014.30 For restarting your router, check instructions from your ISP or internet service provider or router vendor. In many cases, you can also unplug it & plug it back to do a restart or in some cases, you may require to press the reset button on the device.
Both Roku and router will take a few minutes to restart tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 | Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.20
· tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 If you have connected your Roku to the router in the past, it would automatically reconnect. If it failing to reconnect, or you are setting your Roku for the first time, complete the network setup process.
Benefits of Restarting your Device – Roku Error 0
· tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 From time to time, your Roku may lose connection with the network, similar to how a computer may lose connection to a wireless network. Restarting a device can help in resolving network issues like calling problems, slow data speeds, poor signal, and messaging issues.
· TCL USA – Err04 To solve Error code Roku you need to Restarting your device regularly can help in improving performance by closing all of the open background apps that may slow down the performance tclusa.com/support error code 014.30 | 014.20.
· Our recommendation: Restart your phone every week. If you are having trouble with your phone, a restart (turning it off and then waiting at least 10 seconds to turn it back on) may help clarify the issue.
Why do you need to Restart the Router? – Roku Error code 014.40
Roku Error code 014.30 Routers are small computers: They use memory, a processor, & an operating system. And this means they benefit from a fresh start now & then.
TCL USA – Errro code 014.30 Most internet service providers assign a temporary IP address—a series of numbers that function much like a street address—to each of your mobile devices to help them send and receive information. Static addresses are usually reserved for business use but they are more expensive.
The IP address of your device can change at any time. When your router does not catch the change, network connection gets out of sync. So, a quick reboot of your router can set things right.
If you see Roku error code 014.50 messages, it means the Roku player cannot join the local network. We are explaining to you three methods for resolving this error. If you see this red X, try the first method:
· Try rebooting the router by unplugging it from the power source, then plugging it back in.
· Try changing the router’s wireless security mode to WPA-PSK (TKIP).
Talking about my incident of Roku error code 014.50, I would like to tell you how I resolved it. I apologize for upfront if this has been solved but I haven’t seen my symptom reported yet.
Second method: Setup: Hisense Roku TV with DLINK DIR-655 wireless router.
When connected my HI sense Roku tv with D Link router, I got fast downloads and 1080p video quality with uninterrupted services all night. The next day I turn on the TV and can’t connect (no IP address). Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 Try reconnecting using the standard network with no luck (Roku error code 014.50).
To solve this, I spend 10 minutes on rebooting my router & Roku system through the secret screen until it finally connected. I also logged in to my router & started changing the wireless channel until Roku is happy again.
Once I reconnect, I’m good for the night and it’s a crapshoot if it reconnects the next day. All my devices were working fine and getting 29mbps download speed through the same router and ISP.
Roku Error code 014.50 – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 was just because of this experiment. My network is set to mixed mode n/g/b, and I have set the router to reserve the same IP for the Hisense or Roku mac just for kicks. The router isn’t in the ideal spot: it’s about 25linear feet away but goes through two internal walls and entertainment center (my other devices connect throughout the house at greater distances/obstacles).
Once connected, the Roku secret antenna screen has one or both antennas in the Green with an SNR of 25 or so. But as I said, it’s a rock star while connected seems to lose its mind after powered off. Roku error code 014.50 & Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.20 was not giving me inconvenience but it was a virtual show stopper for the kids.
Third Method: Restart your Roku device and your router.
· For restarting your Roku error code 014.50, go to settings>system>system restart. Unplug the Roku device from the power source and wait for a few moments and reconnect it.
· For restarting your router, check instructions from your ISP or router vendor. You can unplug it and plug it again and may press the reset button too.
Both the router and Roku will take few minutes for restarting.
You will get TCLUSA Roku error code 014.20 if your Roku is not getting a strong enough wireless signal from the router. If your password is appropriate & other gadgets can access the router, but you are still failing to connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal.
Wireless signal gets weak when you go take away your router from Roku. Obstacles like walls and cabinets between your router and Roku will also weaken the signal – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
Error 014.20 code Roku TCLUSA Restart both of your router and the Roku TV. For instructions on how to restart your router, refer to your router’s user manual or visit the Roku com support website – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.20
It would take a few minutes before both the router and Roku restart again. If you have connected your router earlier, your Roku will automatically reconnect. If it’s not automatically reconnecting then complete the network setup process of your Roku device.
If the issue persists, you might have to reset your Roku TV to factory default. This would remove the initial configurations which were made by you on your TV settings and you will have to complete the initial tv setup. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20
Make sure you have the Roku and other streaming services account information in hand. You will need to re-enter them once the factory reset is completed.
What to do to Improve the Wireless Signal Strength- Remove Roku Error Code 014.20
If your password is right and other services can access the router, but your Roku still fails to connect to the wireless network, the problem you can find is with the strength of the wireless signal. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 Wireless signal gets weaker the farther you take your Roku from router and obstacles between your router & Roku.
Restart your Roku device and your router for resolving Roku error 014.20
· Restart your Roku by going to settings>system>system restart. Unplug Roku from the power source and wait for few seconds & reconnect it – Roku Error code 014.40
· Restart your router by checking the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 In most cases, simply unplug it & plug it back again. In other cases, you may require the pressing of the reset button of your router.
Have patience as the router and Roku will take few minutes for restart – Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.20
· If you have connected your Roku to the router in the past, it would reconnect automatically. If it’s not, complete the network setup process.
Why Restarting the Router?
Error code Roku solved. Routers are small computers: They use memory, a processor, & an operating system. And this means they benefit from a fresh start now & then.
Maximum internet service providers assign a temporary IP address—a series of numbers that function like a street address—to each of your devices to help them send and receive information. Roku Error code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | 014.20 Static addresses are usually reserved for business use but they are more expensive.
The IP address of your router can change at any time. When your router does not catch the change, network connection gets out of sync. So, a quick reboot of your router can set things right.
- Roku won’t connect to Internet
- Spectrum App Not Working
- Sony Crackle Com Activate
- Roku Stick No Signal HDMI
- Roku Pin Reset
- Roku HDCP Error
- Roku Error Code 018
- Roku Error Code 017
- Roku Error Code 016
- Roku Error Code 013
- Roku Error Code 012
- Resolve Roku Error Code 011
- Roku Error Code 006
- Resolve Roku Error Code 005
- Roku Error Code 003
- Resolve Roku Error Code 001
- Hulu Not Working On Roku
- Go Roku Com Connectivity
- CBS All Access On Roku
- Apple TV Not Working On Roku
- AMC Roku Activate
- Amazon Prime Not Working On Roku
- ABC App Not Working
- How to Activate NFL Game Pass on Roku
- Netflix Not Working on Roku
- Amazon Prime is Not Working on Roku
- Resolve Roku Connected But not Working issue Easily
- Quick Steps on How to Solve Roku Error Code 009
- Roku Error Code 014.40 | 014.30 | 014.50 | Fix Roku Help